Careers at St. George’s
If you’re looking to be part of a great team where employees work hard together to provide members with a world class golf course and an excellent club experience then St. George’s in the place to be. We strive to know all our members, greet them with a smile and ensure they enjoy themselves while at the Club. We look for people with a positive attitude, who enjoy coming to work in a safe workplace, are respectful of both members and staff and are proud to be a St. George’s team member.
Please submit resumes to Andrea Oliverio, AOliverio@stgeorges.org and indicate the department you are interested in.
This position of Clubhouse Server entails almost every aspect of the dining “experience”. Dining, sometimes revered as an emotional experience, proves to be best enjoyed when served by knowledgeable, co-operative and well-mannered servers. Complete servers are not only providers and couriers of bread and water but rather ambassadors, salespersons and representatives of the Club as a whole. Member perceptions of the Club in general are influenced by the “front-line” staff they encounter. The position also entails the maintenance and enhancement of the Excellency and level of service necessary to properly represent the St Georges G&CC.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education.
- Good communication skills with a Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Well groomed, mannerly, co-operative and outwardly friendly (team oriented).
- Ability to work under periods of extreme pressure.
- Able to work split shifts – days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Good organizational skills. 1 year banquet and/or restaurant experience of equal comparison.
- First Aid and SIP training required in advance of employment or prior to completion of probationary period.
- Knowledge of P.O.S System, Jonas or equivalent is an asset.
- Smart serve certification.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Comprehensive knowledge of food & beverage to include wines, liquors and beers.
- Smart Serve Certification
- Food Handling Certification