Posted on 10.24.2018
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
If you’re looking to be part of a great team where employees work hard together to provide members with a world-class golf course and an excellent club experience then St. George’s in the place to be. We strive to know all our members, greet them with a smile and ensure they enjoy themselves while at the Club. We look for people with a positive attitude, who enjoy coming to work in a safe workplace, are respectful of both members and staff and are proud to be a St. George’s team member.
A. IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
|Job Title:||Assistant Food & Beverage Manager|
|Department:||Food & Beverage|
|Reporting To:||Clubhouse Manager|
|Created:||November 2011 Revised: November 2017|
B. BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY
The position of Assistant Food & Beverage Manager entails every aspect of the dining “experience”. The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is expected to supervise the efficient day to day operation of the area he/she is scheduled to be working. The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is expected to be a leader, teacher and role model for the staff.
C. JOB SPECIFICATION/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 6 years Food and Beverage/Banquet Manager experience in the Hospitality/Club industry
- Ability to meet deadlines, changing priorities and constant problem solving
- A strong sense of organization and ability to administer
- Intermediate to advance computer skills
- Strong leadership capability (lead by example)
- Must have thorough knowledge of cooking methods, service methods, and international cuisines
- Highly developed people and communications skills
- Public relations liaison between operations and membership
- Broad knowledge of current business methods, budgets and financial statements
- Comprehensive knowledge of cocktails, beers and wine.
- Diplomacy, polish and tact, especially under stressful situations
- JONAS and JAM knowledge
- Smart Serve Certification
- Food Handling Certification
- Relevant Post Secondary Education
D. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Communicate with the Executive Chef, Clubhouse Manager and the Catering Manager of all activities and get his or her input and direction.
- Supervises the service/bar staff to ensure Member satisfaction standards are consistently attained.
- Approval of weekly labour submission and explanation of any overtime hours.
- Is involved in receiving, greeting & seating of Members and guests of the Dining Rooms and/or Function spaces.
- Co-ordinates food service involving communication between kitchen and food service staff to include daily briefing in absence of Clubhouse Manager.
- Co-ordinates bar service involving communication between bar and bar service staff.
- Inspects Dining Rooms to ensure proper maintenance of a clean & orderly area to prescribed standards
- Maintenance of floor plans and ensuring correct floor plans are available at all times for dining/event areas
- Maintenance of POS items to include pricing accuracy, addition of new items and removal of out of stock inventory items.
- Assists with service of food & beverages when needed.
- Conducts/Co-ordinates scheduled service training with the Clubhouse Manager for all food & beverage service staff on a monthly basis.
- Creates wait staff and bar staff schedules with approval of Clubhouse Manager
- Handles and reports all comments, compliments and complaints from both members and staff, as issues arise and responds accordingly within 24 hours of receiving, copying Clubhouse Manager on outcome and any follow up needed.
- Ability to carry out all opening and closing duties of all F&B outlets.
- Assists Managers with the creation of budgets, budget achievements and recommendations for improvement.
- Labour control and reports generated on a daily basis.
- Actively assist to develop and execute goals & directives from upper management with the understanding of their confidentiality.
- Promotion and creation of inter-department marketing of social and F&B related events for menus/table talkers and staff awareness, via email, posting of materials.
- Conduct regular staff appraisals as required to include coaching and disciplinary meetings with Clubhouse Manager or in their absence.
- Conduct yearly staff evaluations of service staff under the direction of Clubhouse Manager. Offers feedback to fellow managers on yearly evaluations of all front of house employees.
- Orders and controls all alcoholic beverage inventories. Ensures that all required beverages are on hand when required. Conducts monthly beverage inventory counts.
Health and Safety training and compliance:
- Perform regular formal and informal workplace inspections, ensuring all equipment is maintained as required by legislation, manufacturer’s specs and club policy and that employees are following safe operating procedures
- Discuss employee safety at training, meetings and/or workshops regularly and continuously
- Conduct and report incident investigations, where necessary
- Conduct, track and monitor employee training, especially about the hazards in the workplace
- Correct substandard or unsafe acts or conditions immediately and resolve H&S issues in a timely, delicate, and effective manner
- Perform employee safety observations; this means taking corrective action for employee contraventions of club safety policies and at other times, applauding employees for exemplary efforts to promote safety
- When considering quality and speed of work, comply with and use Safe Work Practices
- Act as a role model and maintain a general positive outlook when considering safety in the workplace
- Demonstrate true interest in the safety achievement and record of the club
- Support JHSC and all club health & safety initiatives. Work cooperatively with others in order to support these initiatives
- Ensure all employees are trained and prepared to follow an Emergency Plan and able to implement the plan if necessary
- Provide written instructions to employees regarding H&S when necessary
Please submit resumes to Kevin Spicknell, Food & Beverage Manager at KSpicknell@stgeorges.org and indicate the department you are interested in.